2012年12月17日 星期一

Ippudo [RAMEN]

Today we decided to go for the newly opened ramen place called "Ippudo". My friend googled and found that it was known as the no.1 ramen place in Japan. Woo, all that sounds very tempting, when I serached for the photos, my mouth is watering. So I went there with very high expectations.

We arrived at 1pm, the line was so long we decided to walk around and come back later since we're not that hungry anyway. Finally the line died down a bit when it was 1:45pm. We got in, staff seems to be nice and helpful. I ordered number two...Think its the tonkotsu broth flavoured with garlic oil. My friend ordered the original broth and a spicy miso paste. I particularly enjoyed stirring the miso paste into the soup, just like the way it melts into my ramen. Took a sip of the soup, tastes very nice. It is way lighter than Gumshara (If you didnt know Gumshara, it is my favourite ramen in Sydney. Locating in the foodcourt of Chinatown. Must try), however the soup seems a bit salty at the end, I felt very thirsty a while after we finished the ramen. However, the soup is good enough for me to consume all of it. I personally do not like noodles that thin...It is way to thin and it tastes a bit like Chinese wonton noodles...I am looking for noodle that should be thicker and with more texture, you know, better to chew. The noodle is definitely a put down...But the flavoured egg and pork are all fine. I have also tried my friend's broth, mine tastes the best I think. I had the one with garlic oil.
The ramen with flavoured egg costs me $18...way too pricey for a ramen...however I have to give credits to the decor, all very nice.

In general, it is a above standard ramen however I still prefer Gumshara.

Sorry for the photos, I only realized that I have to take photos in half-way we ate...so they don't look like that originally. They should look much better

* Ippudo Ramen is located in Pitt Street Westfield, Lv 5.

<---The original tonkotus broth<- Tonkotus broth with garlic oil
 <---The closed up of the egg, nicely done.
 
Ippudo on Urbanspoon

沒有留言:

張貼留言