2012年12月15日 星期六

A [DISAPPOINTING] CAFE

Surprisingly, this morning I got up pretty early so I'm so ready for a beautiful breakfast to lighten up my day.  T & I wanted to have breakfast in McDonald in the first place (McDonald sounds so not beautiful...I know i know) However, they have already closed breakfast! Its already lunch, that is so unacceptable! Its only 10:30am! Sigh...so we decided to try out one of the 2 cafes in Kingsford that we have never stepped foot in. Not saying they look dodgy or what, its just..the idea having western cafes in Kingsford seems weird to me. Kingsford is always very "Asian" in my impression. You can hardly blame me of not liking the idea - having smoothies in Kingsford... Anyways, we have been here 5 years right? So its time to give it a go. We chose the Meek's Cafe since its always full of people.

It is a medium-sized cafe runs by Asians, interior is quite nice and warm. The put down is the open kitchen, in a hot day like today, the smoke from the kitchen just spread out to every corner in the cafe. Giving me a hard time to breathe...

I ordered Bacon Poached Egg and T ordered Bacon Omelet (we LOVE bacon!), plus a blueberry smoothie to share. I don't usually see blueberry smoothie in other cafes so it is a bonus.

Food arrives pretty slow. The Blueberry Smoothies ($5.90) is very nice, the flavour is just right, not too sweet and very refreshing.

Bacon Poached Egg ($8.90) is alright, the combinations can't really go wrong. Bacon is not too hard to chew, but the hollandaise sauce is a disaster. There is no flavour at all, not to mention the dreamy creamy taste of hollandaise sauce is non-existence. OK boss, you really need to work hard and google a better recipe. This is just not right.

Bacon Omelet ($11.90) is...not good... First off, it doesn't look like an omelet at all. The egg is so flat its like a pizza. Probably that's their intention to make the eggs look like pizza and tastes like it. But I ordered omelet to expect there is an omelet...not a pizza-liked egg. The egg is topped with bacon and pineapple. They did not save the omelet. Well, not worth the $11.90 at all... I miss Le Petit Creme...
















<---The blueberry smoothie, very purple















<--- Bacon Poached Egg















<--- Bacon Omelet...

Afterwards, we went to the Kingsford market....also a disappointment...arghhh my beautiful Sunday is ruined!

沒有留言:

張貼留言