2012年12月15日 星期六

BEING A [CASHIER] IN TOKYO SUPER…

December 4, 2012 · by  · in [ LIFE ]

I have NEVER thought of being a cashier in my life, not a second in my life. I don’t mind being a customer service, a sales assistant, a telephone surveyor or even a cleaner. But definitely NOT a cashier!
Sadly, Tokyo Super is my only part-time opportunity at the moment… Now I realize how hard it is to get a job in Sydney…So with no choice, I started my cashier career last FRI. It was terrible…my mind just went blank when I see there is a long queue forming to pay. I looked at the computer screen with lots of unknown items and those goods with no bar codes kept shouting ” Invalid product code” to me, I wanna scream! And yet I did, I screamed for the boss but usually no one hears me! Where the hell are the boss while I needed her!?? Come on..Today is only my second day, do you expect me to memorize everything already? And you only paid me AUD9 while is WAY below the minimum wage in Sydney. Plus she need me to work from this week, 6pm – 11pm, the busiest period of the whole day. Ha Ha, like a joke. I was desperately scanning an item which screams invalid product code, with a long long queue. I cannot and shouldn’t leave my counter, so I screamed for someone but it was too noisy no one hears me. I stood there and don’t know what to do. Customers starred at me and looked very impatient. I wanted to say it’s not my fault okay? Anyways, I have decided to quit. In fact, T told the boss we’re quitting already. After 4 days of work, I’m officially quitting. I think I deserve a better job than this. I came here to practise my english, but in Tokyo Super, all I can practise is my mandarin.
So, I am having another job trial this Sat as a shop receptionist in Eastgardens. Now this is the kind of job that I am really interested in, chatting with customers, providing them nice services. Helping out people. And paid with an official document so I’m under protect by the minimum wage law. Seriously, I think it is very sad that international students are treated so badly in here. I heard there are plenty jobs offer hourly rate lower than AUD9. Anywhow, byebye to Tokyo Super from tonight!
 

沒有留言:

張貼留言